[Mageia-dev] about icon "Join Mageia Community"

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Fri May 20 22:25:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 22:20, Luc Menut <lmenut at free.fr> wrote:
> Currently, the desktop's icon "Join Mageia Community" still directs to
> htts://identity.mageia.org. It was a good link for testers of pre-release.
> But I wonder if it isn't a bit "harsh" for newcomers and average linux users
> of official release.
> I would see better a page which explains what is the community, and how
> users can found informations and help on forums, how reporting bugs on
> bugzilla, how they can contribute in various ways to the project, ...
> WDYT?

Ideally, it would redirect to http://mageia.org/contribute/ - that for
now redirects to http://mageia.org/ but that would turn into the
contributors landing page as soon as ready (contributions welcome
there - there's the wiki "how to contribute" page that can be used as
a guide for that). Identity is not the best place to land at, unless
some work is made on it.

But the point is timing - for the change to be pushed there. Would
have been nice this to be reported sooner, but that's already nice :-)

Romain