[Mageia-dev] Release Notes - reminder

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Wed May 25 15:37:19 CEST 2011

Bruno Cornec skrev 25.5.2011 15:39:
> Anne nicolas said on Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:34:16AM +0200:
>
>> Ahmad has been working on release notes for some days now and updated
>> it massively yesterday
>> http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=iso1:mageia1_release_notes
>
> I took the liberty to add a Caveat section in which I described (as
> promised) the upgrade process for the mondo package (and it's change of
> numbering). Feel free to improve, comment, remove, ... and use the
> section for any similar issue to be noted.

No need.

Mondo package got properly epoched ~2 weeks ago:
http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/mondo/current/SPECS/mondo.spec?r1=75254&r2=96498

As for why, I told you last time this came up:
1. we promise people an upgrade path from 2010.1/2
2. rpm/urpmi/rpmdrake does not read release notes
    (same goes for many endusers)
3. we dont do exceptions for package(r)s

Oh, and it does not matter whether package was in main or contrib
in mdv, it's now in mageia and has to obey the same rules as every
other package we have in the repos.

--
Thomas