[Mageia-dev] regarding tainted progress

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at iki.fi
Mon May 30 03:39:35 CEST 2011

On 30.05.2011 02:53, Philippe DIDIER wrote:
> 2) win32-codecs is missing too (perhaps might it be in non-free repo
> instead of tainted ) and maybe some problems may happen trying to read
> some videos

It is unredistributable. Fortunately, I don't think many actual files
need this anymore, since ffmpeg format support has steadily grown over
the last years.

> why not to provide faac libs ?

The problem with them is that they are nonfree *and* tainted.
Fortunately there is libvo-aacenc which programs can be ported to.

--
Anssi Hannula