[Mageia-dev] [Mageia-discuss] [ANN] Mageia-release upload and urpmi breakage

Daniel Le Berre le.berred at free.fr
Mon May 30 21:39:06 CEST 2011

Le 30/05/2011 19:55, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Le lundi 30 mai 2011 à 18:42 +0200, nicolas vigier a écrit :
>> On Mon, 30 May 2011, Michael Scherer wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> as we have uploaded the new version of mageia-release, some of you may
>>> have seen that urpmi sources have been changed to use
>>> distrib/1/ instead of distrib/cauldron/ , especially if you didn't touch
>>> to the default configuration.
>>>
>>> Not all mirrors are in sync, and in fact, most are not proposing the
>>> stable release yet ( especially the main mirror ), as we are still
>>> working on it.
>>>
>>> So urpmi is likely broken for most testers that updated in the last
>>> hour.
>>>
>>> So if you are affected, you can either
>>> 1) wait until everything is working ( likely tomorrow )
>>>
>>> 2) drop all sources and add again the cauldron one by hand
>>> ( urpmi.addmedia --distrib + url )
>>>
>>> 3) change /etc/mageia-release by hand, replace "1" by "cauldron"
>>
>> 4) install the new mageia-release packages from cauldron :
>>    urpmi http://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/Mageia/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/release/mageia-release-common-2-0.1.mga2.i586.rpm http://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/Mageia/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/release/mageia-release-Default-2-0.1.mga2.i586.rpm
>>

>> This is for people who want to stay on cauldron after the release.
>
> We should have waited before uploading this rpm.
>
> People being upgraded to stable is a demand from users ( see -discuss ),
> and that would have been saner to wait at least until cauldron is
> reopened :/

I confirm that I see the mga2 packages in the updates of my MGA RC :(

However, I do not understand why, because AFAI understand the initial
email, I should now be pointing to MGA 1 repos, no longer cauldron one.

$ cat /etc/mageia-release
Mageia release 1 (Cauldron) for x86_64

$ rpm -qa | grep release
mageia-release-Default-1-0.12.mga1