[Mageia-dev] Providing 32-bit flash-player-plugin in x86_64 nonfree?

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Sun Jun 5 12:51:05 CEST 2011

Le 2011-06-05 03:59, Kira a écrit :
> 在 Sun, 05 Jun 2011 13:25:59 +0800, Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com>寫道:
>> I have just installed Mageia on a 64 bit and the 64bit Flash .rpm is
>> quite painless from the Adobe site.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Marc
>>
> The major problem is that Adobe seems don't like we to distribute
>
> the 64-bit version.....

Sorry, I just rechecked my flash and it is the 32bit version. My fault.
But the bottom line is that it works for now.

As for the Adobe "Square" preview, I don't think the 64bit version will
suffor for too long in preview release as most of the machines being
sold today are 64bit. I don't think that Adobe will sit on the sucess of
their 32bit product and ignore the 64bit version.

For now the 32bit version works on Firefox 64bit and eventually the
64bit version will be released in .rpm for us to install. We just have
be patient.

Cheers

Marc