[Mageia-dev] Providing 32-bit flash-player-plugin in x86_64 nonfree?

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 13:07:17 CEST 2011

Op zondag 05 juni 2011 12:54:52 schreef Kira:
> 在 Sun, 05 Jun 2011 18:51:05 +0800, Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com>寫道:>
>
> > Sorry, I just rechecked my flash and it is the 32bit version. My fault.
> > But the bottom line is that it works for now.
> >
> > As for the Adobe "Square" preview, I don't think the 64bit version will
> > suffor for too long in preview release as most of the machines being
> > sold today are 64bit. I don't think that Adobe will sit on the sucess of
> > their 32bit product and ignore the 64bit version.
> >
> > For now the 32bit version works on Firefox 64bit and eventually the
> > 64bit version will be released in .rpm for us to install. We just have
> > be patient.
>
> A sad fact is that Adobe has been saying that they are going to release
>
> 64-bit version for 2~3 years.....

yes, that was what i was gonna mention too...

it's been previewed, beta'd, released, then pulled back from release, etc...

i think for some reason they don't use the same codebase for 32bit as for
64bit but a fork, which is a stupid idea, imho.

alot of problems were there last time,... bad networking code, video slowness,
100%cpu usage... etc...

yes, adobe has a very bad 64bit history