[Mageia-dev] Skype version

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jun 7 14:14:43 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and brianbailey10 at aol.com at 04/06/11 12:55 did gyre and
gimble:

> The only version of Skype that will allow the audio to be configured and
> works with Mandriva 2010 is
> skype-2.0.0.72-1mdv2009.0.i586.rpm that will enable USB VOIP headsets
> and the Philips VOIP microphone to be configured. If you use a later
> version which I believe is a beat version you will not be able to
> configure any audio devices it will be stuck on Pulse Audio settings and
> you will only be able to use a head set plugged into the line IN/Out
> sockets on the computer of course you may not be able to configure your
> audio device using the latest version - I have the version above
> installed on Mandriva and can stream audio via my pc sound device and at
> the same time make calls using the Phillips VOIP phone. Hope this helps
>
> Regards Brian Bailey aka (Brianb)

If you do not want Skype to use PulseAudio, then presumably you do not
want to use PulseAudio at all (it doesn't really make sense to combine
the two). This being the case, just disable it in draksound.

Alternatively what problems do you have with your USB headesets and the
Philips VOIP microphone with PA? If there is a problem we need to fix
it, not work around it. Please can you post details as to why you cannot
use e.g. pavucontrol, kmix or KDE's system settings to change the device
you want to use for Skype input or if the problem is more fundamental.

Cheers

Col

--

Colin Guthrie