[Mageia-dev] Report on my update from 1

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Apr 1 22:26:41 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Thierry Vignaud at 01/04/12 20:01 did gyre and gimble:
> On 1 April 2012 02:01, Pascal Terjan <pterjan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> - While dracut was running, it displayed plenty of libkmod: index_mm_open:
>> major version check fail: 65537 instead of 2953311319
>
> This is because kernel's module*bin are still generated by module-init-tools,
> not by kmod yet.

Is this something we can ignore?

FWIW, I've been running the kmod versions of things for a while. It's
very late in the cycle to consider flipping over to them rather than
module-init-tools, but I have made sure it's just a simple matter of
flipping a --with argument in kmod package if we do.