[Mageia-dev] lighttpd and others now require apache

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 00:00:26 CEST 2012

Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Le 22/03/2012 02:51, David Walser a écrit :
>> Guillaume Rousse wrote:
>>> My main concern is the fuzziness of the current situation where we have
>>> - one virtual package 'webserver' corresponding to four implementations
>>> (apache, lightpd, nginx, cherooke)
>>> - one common base (webserver-base) only used by the two first ones
>>> - all our web applications packages using 'apache' as mandatory dependency
>>>
>>> If the main concern is file ownership, I'd propose for the next release
>>> to have each of these servers use a distinct uid, document root and
>>> index page, but use a shared 'webserver' or 'www' gid, and ensure all of
>>> those applications use group-based permission, instead of user-based.
>>> I'd find this setup a bit clearer.
>>
>> I also noticed two of the php subpackages adding the apache user in %post.
>> Should they be doing this, should they Requires(post): webserver-base, or
>> should this be handled some other way?
> Sure, that's wrong.
>
> Either they need apache itself, in this case this dependency is already
> ensured. Either they can be used without a web server, in this case they
> shouldn't use apache server anyway.

Well a dependency on apache wouldn't be ensured unless they required apache-mod_php, so for now I added Requires(pre): webserver-base and
removed their manually adding (and deleting!) of the apache user.  One of the packages puts a log file with the httpd logs, so it should
probably require apache.  I'm not sure the exact semantics of those two (php-fpm and php-session if you're interested).

There's another problem, however, since the expat update.  Since libexpat.la was removed, php won't rebuild.