[Mageia-dev] nvidia

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Sat Apr 7 13:17:14 CEST 2012

07.04.2012 03:41, Pascal Terjan skrev:
> Hi,
>
> regarding http://check.mageia.org/cauldron/tmb/dependencies.html do you
> know if nvidia173/kmod-nvidia173 and nvidia-96xx/kmod-nvidia96xx should
> be obsoleted by something (nouveau?)?

Well,

kmod-nvidia96xx/173 and the matching nvidia*kernel*latest can simply be
nuked from the repos as they are Cauldron only packages

So it leaves theese:
dkms-nvidia96xx
nvidia96xx-devel
nvidia96xx-doc-html
x11-driver-video-nvidia96xx

dkms-nvidia173
nvidia173-cuda
nvidia173-devel
nvidia173-doc-html
x11-driver-video-nvidia173

I guess the dkms-nvidia96xx/173 packages should be obsoleted by kernel,
and the x11-driver-video-nvidia96xx/173 should be obsoleted by
x11-driver-video-nouveau.

Hmmm, do we need triggers to handle gl.conf for nvidia like we need for
fglrx ?

Anssi, wdyt ?

> I don't know anything about nvidia but internet says 173 and 96xx are
> not compatible with x11-server 1.11
> Compatibility with 1.10 was added in the latest version, in August last
> year, 6 months after 1.10 was released, and a week before 1.11 was
> released. It has now been more than 6 months since 1.11 was released,
> 1.12 was released last month, so should we still expect 1.11 (and recent
> kernels) support to happen?

It does not really seem like nVidia will support them, but I can be wrong...

Anssi ?

--
Thomas