[Mageia-dev] A note on autologin and startx

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Apr 8 19:16:27 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Zézinho at 08/04/12 17:41 did gyre and gimble:
> Em 08-04-2012 15:24, Colin Guthrie escreveu:
>> If you use the autologin package, if you logout, you log back in again
>> straight away (it's a hook inside prefdm which starts the display
>> manager and it simply runs autologin if it's configured!)
> In MGA1, that was not the case :  after an autologin logout, I go to the
> configured *dm.

Actually yeah, I see this now. I was reading the script wrong :s

Something somewhere was messing up in my test system however that caused
the real dm to exit unsuccessfully, which caused a restart of the whole
dm service, which in turn caused autologin to kick in again.

I'd still suggest that the autologin thing should be once per boot, not
once per dm service restart.