[Mageia-dev] Inverted colors in the flashplayer

Anssi Hannula anssi at mageia.org
Wed Apr 11 02:36:43 CEST 2012

11.04.2012 02:44, Pierre Jarillon kirjoitti:
> Le mercredi 11 avril 2012 00:38:51, Pascal Terjan a écrit :
>>> flash-player-plugin-11.2.202.228-1.mga1.nonfree
>>>
>>> With Mageia 1 and flashplayer 11.1.102.63 colors are correct.
>>>
>>> IMHO, it should be better to come back to the previous release of
>>> flashplayer or to ask for a better player to Adobe.

I don't see how we could do that, there are known security issues with
the previous version.

>> See http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.mageia.devel/13644
>
> Thanks, but is there anything automated for a beginner?
> Only geeks are able to understand the workaround and create this with
> root privileges:
> "	 to get hw video decoding I had to write a file in
> "	 /etc/adobe/mms.cfg with
> "	 EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
>
> It works for me  (Intel - Nvidia - x86_64)
>
> Is there a patch to add this in rpm install?

We could add it on the rpm, yes, if it fixes the issues reported.
However, do you know if this causes regressions for other people?

(I don't see the issue on my Cauldron+nouveau and mga1+proprietary systems)

Well, now reading the thread Pascal Terjan pointed out, Dimitris pointed
out that embedded youtube videos in konquerur don't work without
disabling the option...

I'm open to suggestions.

--
Anssi Hannula