[Mageia-dev] minor systemd-related issues

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 22:25:21 CEST 2012

Colin Guthrie <mageia at ...> writes:
> > httpd is running, but it is using the LSB init script instead of
> > systemd units.  I believe Colin's intention was to have
> > apache-mpm-prefork install a symlink to httpd-prefork.service called
> > httpd.service, but this symlink does not exist.
>
> Are you sure? The %post script should certainly have done that....
>
> [colin <at> jimmy ~]$ rpm -q --scripts apache-mpm-prefork
> postinstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):
> ln -s /lib/systemd/system/httpd-prefork.service
> /etc/systemd/system/httpd.service 2>/dev/null || :
>
> I guess the only possible explanation I can think of here is that
> somehow, apache-mpm-prefork was upgraded before systemd was installed!
> Perhaps we need to make sure system is installed early in the process?

I am sure.  The only symlink in /etc/systemd/system is default.target,
everything else there is directories.  Is that the right place to put that
symlink anyway?

I hadn't thought of the possibility that systemd not being installed is the
problem, but I guess that's the only logical explanation (unless systemd somehow
swept that directory and deleted it for some reason).  I guess maybe the mpm
packages just need Requires(pre): systemd-units