[Mageia-dev] problems connecting to new wlan access points

Mika Laitio lamikr at pilppa.org
Mon Apr 16 22:14:43 CEST 2012

I am always having problems for connecting to new access points with
the drakconf. Drakconf is able to show up the list of access points just
fine and also the config screen looks ok.

Bu when I select the new ap from the list and press connect button, I
usually get error message from the connection failure.
This will happen even if I try to push the connect button again after
the first failure.

But if I instead reboot the machine after the failed connect, the
network will be up just fine on next boot.
I think the problem is not related to AP encryption mode as this is
happening for me both with the OpenWEP and WPA/WPA2 connections.

At the moment I am testing with machine having Intel Centrino-Ultimate-N
6300 wlan, but I have earlier seen similar problems at least with intel
2200 BG that I had on Dell D610.

Mika