[Mageia-dev] Important and urgent: people with ati cards needed on beta3 pre release qa

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 18 11:19:36 CEST 2012

Am 18.04.2012 11:14, schrieb Dan Fandrich:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 09:33:13AM +0200, Oliver Burger wrote:
>> Am 18.04.2012 09:28, schrieb Jeff Robins:
>>> 2) Where can I download the beta pre-release ISO's?
>> Just join us in #mageia-qa on irc, we will tell you, but I don't
>> want to post it on a public list, because the server doesn't have
>> all that much bandwidth :/
>
> Why not just publish a .torrent publically then?

Those are pre release isos, they are not fir for public release yet.
What we need for that are dedicated qa people, who are willing to be
responsive on qa ml and in #mageia-qa and who are willing to install
again and again and again...
If we publish a torrent or whatever to those isos, there _will_ be loads
of people ignoring that those isos are not yet released, will try to
install them, see they are not working and say publicly and very loud,
that Mageia is not working.
As people always ignore, that an alpha is an alpha and not fit for daily
use, if you are not fit to find solutions for the problems, an alpha
still has...

Oliver