[Mageia-dev] Broken database problem solved but not all well

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Wed Apr 18 16:54:31 CEST 2012

On 18/04/12 14:52, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Anne Wilson at 18/04/12 13:46 did gyre and
> gimble:
>> On 18/04/12 13:09, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>>> I'm pretty sure it's KDM that failing and subsequently
>>> bringing X down with it. I'll see if I can reproduce with KDM
>>> here.
>>>
>> kdm.log was >5000 lines and full of identical lines, so I mv'd
>> it. The attached is a clean kdm.log.  Those 29 lines have the
>> answer :-)
>
> Indeed it does!
>
>> (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
>> Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40800) with this
>> library (version 0x40801) KCrash: Application 'kdmgreet'
>> crashing... KCrash: Attempting to start
>> /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi directly Cannot mix incompatible
>> Qt library (version 0x40800) with this library (version 0x40801)
>>  Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.
>

> Seems like there is some Qt mixup here.
>
> Can you figure out what library it's talking about? It can be
> quite hard to know what's wrong, but here are some tips:
>

> 1. Make sure that "urpmi --auto-update" definitely returns nothing
> to be upgraded.

It says that it can't read the synthesis file of "Core Release", so
fails with a 23

No packages are listed for update, presumably due to that.

> 2. Does "urpme --auto-orphans" work? Be careful as it may suggest
> removing more than it should. If the suggestions look valid
> enough, does this help the issue? If so, can you provide a list of
> the rpms removes?

There is a list of orphans that it says I can remove, but I'm not sure
about some of them.  Here is the list (not removing until you say so
:-) ).

libpython2.702.7.2-3
libsporano4-2.7.5-1
libxau6-devel-1.0.7-1
libxcb-dri2_0-1.8.1-1
libxcb-randr0-1.8.1-1
libxcb-sync0-1.8.1-1
libxcb-xf86dri0-1.8.1-1
libxcb-xprint0-1.8.1-1
libxcb-xv0-1.8.1=1
pkgconfig-0.26-2
python-2.7.2-3
x11-data-bitmaps-1.1.1-1
x11=proto-devel-7.6.17
xauth-1.0.6-1
xload-1.1.0-1

Incidentally, "rpm -qa kdebase*" returns nothing - that's how I usually
check the kde version installed.

> 3. Assuming things are still bust, run "urpmq --not-available |
> sort". This will show you packages that are installed on the
> machine that are NOT available via the media. You'll typically get
> old libraries here (i.e. ones with old major versions that are no
> longer needed. These are deliberately not removed as users may have
> compiled their own programs against such libraries and we don't
> want to break such setups.

That returns nothing at all.

> Anyway, this might suggest some things. You should probably remove
> those things that look non-Qt related first and confirm that
> things are still broken after their removal. Then remove any
> remaining Qt related looking things and confirm that it fixes
> things. If the problem goes away at any step (first or second),
> please let us know which packages your removed in that step so we
> know which one is to blame.
>
> 4. If things are still broken, do you have an old self-compiled
> version of Qt or similar in /usr/local/ or /opt/ that might be
> messing with things?

No, nothing like that.  Even if I were so adventurous, this is a new,
clean, install on a reformatted partition.

Anne
- --
Need KDE help? Try
http://userbase.kde.org or