[Mageia-dev] Broken database problem

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Apr 18 22:03:59 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Anne Wilson at 18/04/12 19:40 did gyre and gimble:
> On 18/04/12 18:32, Thomas Backlund wrote:

>>> OK.  We need to resolve the problem of broken kdm first -
>>> remember it broke before I deleted anything.  Once we know what
>>> needs doing, I'll sort that out.  Looking at the list, reinstall
>>> might be the fastest option, but I don't want to end up in the
>>> same place :-)
>>>

>> Well, if I read your initial mail correctly your system broke when
>> the beta2 rpm crashing bug that hit some users, so what happend
>> after that is atleast partly a result of that.
>
> Yes - the VirtualBox install recovered from that with help from
> diogenes, but the netbook install didn't.
>
>> But if it helps flushing out other bugs at the same time, then it
>> was not all bad crash :)
>
> If we gain some knowledge that's always good :-)
>
>> As for reinstall, there is now a brand new beta3 to play with.
>
> I'll wait for Coling to tell me that there's no more sense in staying
> with beta2 - IOW nothing more to be gained - then I'll request the url
> for beta3, as I understand it's not publicised yet.

Yeah I don't think there is much more to gain here... ultimately it was
a KDM problem related to some Qt libraries. I suspect that without any
RPM info we can't really work things out.

There is a good chance that a beta3 install will "Just Work"(tm) so lets
hope for that and cross any failures there as we come across them :)

Cheers