[Mageia-dev] Important and urgent: people with ati cards needed on beta3 pre release qa

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 18 22:48:36 CEST 2012

On 04/18/2012 12:59 PM, Frank Griffin wrote:
> On 04/18/2012 06:56 AM, Thomas Backlund wrote:
>>
>> Well, testing current cauldron installs/upgrades is important too, as
>> it will also help finding bugs... so please keep testing... every bit
>> helps...
>>
>> As for this specific problem, installing with boot.iso on a laptop
>> with intel/ati gpushould be able to reproduce the problem ...
>
> I'm running an install now.  However, I notice that while HTTP
> activity is being logged on tty1, and busybox is up on tty2, there is
> nothing on either tty3 or tty4 where I would expect  to see log
> messages and the kernel syslog.  Is this an intentional change ?

The install is complete.  Booting into the new system results in the
usual framebuffer display and normal console display when I hit ESC.
However, plymouth on tty1 never ends, and X doesn't get started on any
of the ttys.

There is an Xorg.0.log file which indicates that X takes a segfault.
I'll assume that others are getting the same symptom, but I can provide
the stacktrace (and log file) if wanted.

The messages prior to the stacktrace in the log are:
    AIGLX error: r600 does not export required DRI extension
    AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
    (II) RADEON(0): Setting screen physical size to 361 x 203

An explicit "service dm start" produces the same result.

This is a Radeon HD3200.