[Mageia-dev] chromium browser packages

Sander Lepik sander.lepik at eesti.ee
Sat Apr 21 09:39:36 CEST 2012

20.04.2012 17:06, Thierry Vignaud kirjutas:
> On 20 April 2012 16:02, D.Morgan<dmorganec at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> I do notice chromium-browser packages were not updated since january 21. Is
>>> it possible to include a more up to date chromium browser release?
>>>
>>> According to http://www.chromium.org/developers/calendar, the current stable
>>> release is 18.0.1025.162 (and current beta version is 19.0.1084.30), mageia
>>> beta 3 includes 17.0.963.65 version.
>> as done for mga1 i think we should now obsolete beta and unstable and
>> only update stable
>>
>> wdyt ?
> stable should only obsolete beta&  unstable whose versions are lower
> than stable one.
Maybe we should obsolete all chromes on stable release? So long we are providing only
unsecure versions and have users complaining about extensions that warn about old version.
Seriously, if we can't keep it up-to-date we should not release it. Browsers are most used
software nowdays and we are failing to update most popular ones :(. Maybe we should lower
the count to maintain? Or maybe we should lower system deps and use included libraries to
make updating of those packages easier?

--
Sander