[Mageia-dev] KDE Copy/Paste default has changed

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Tue Apr 24 13:43:25 CEST 2012

Up until the last couple of weeks, KDE Copy/Paste worked as you would
expect.  You'd select something, CTRL-C, then select something else,
CTRL-V, and the second selection would be overlaid with the first.

Now, as soon as you select the second thing, it replaces the first in
the clipboard, and the result of the CTRL-V is to replace the second
selection with itself; the original selection is now lost.

The culprit here is in Klipper -> Configure Klipper -> Synchronize
clipboard with selection which is now checked by default.  Whether this
is a conscious choice of ours, or a change upstream I'd recommend
reverting it to unchecked by default unless we want to see a ton of
bogus bug reports about this behavior.