[Mageia-dev] [Mageia-discuss] many systemd temporary directories

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Apr 24 22:51:09 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Florian Hubold at 24/04/12 21:27 did gyre and gimble:
> Am 24.04.2012 20:51, schrieb Juergen Harms:
>> I just saw that systemd creates (and does not purge) lots of directories like
>> /tmp/systemd-namespace-<uniqueid>/ - I now have nearly 50 of them (one
>> partial explanation might be that I did quite some re-booting these last days).
>>
>> Nothing serious, they are small - but nevertheless ... Is this normal,
>> shouldnt there be some automatic purging mechanism?
>>
>> Juergen
>>
> Maybe we should default to /tmp being on tmpfs so that
> this gets purged on every reboot? This would also be more
> in accordance with FHS imho.

This is one of my goals for mga3 (I have it in my notes for the
technical specs discussion that will come), but certainly not for mga2
as this is quite a big change and some apps may have to be patched to
use /var/tmp instead etc. if they store large things in there.