[Mageia-dev] Freeze push: task-gnome

Damien Lallement mageia at damsweb.net
Wed Apr 25 20:07:08 CEST 2012

Le 25/04/2012 19:57, Thierry Vignaud a écrit :

>>> See my answer to your upload:
>>> This is installed through scannerdrake if needed (through task-scanning).
>>> Since no other desktop does this, I don't think task-gnome should suggest
>>> it.
>>> Regarding its absence on the DVD (due to being suggested instead of
>>> required), we should convert its suggest into a requires (in
>>> task-scanning).
>>
>> For me, it's a good thing to have it in task-gnome, like we have, in
>> task-kde:
>> Suggests:       ksaneplugin>= 2:%version
>> For my part, I think that people installing task-gnome/kde with the suggests
>> are waiting for a whole functional desktop.
>> I'm not sure a lot of people are installing task-scanner to just use their
>> scanner or webcam to create pdf.
>
> People. That is scannerdrake does it for them.

Sorry, I don't see why we are talking of scannerdrake here. For me
scannerdrake pull a lot of useless packages for the usage of
simple-scan. Simple in the name. ;-)
scannerdrake pull me a lot of package to tell me "no scanner found" (so,
scannerdrake is not what I need if I don't have a scanner on my
computer), whereas, if I launch simple-scan, I can use my webcam as a
scanner.

Perhaps I misunderstood you POV.
--
Damien Lallement
twitter: damsweb - IRC: damsweb/coincoin