[Mageia-dev] Handling single user/rescue/failsafe mode

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 26 15:21:29 CEST 2012

2012/4/26 Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch at gmail.com>:
> Le 26/04/2012 14:22, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
>>
>> What is the advantage to leave the barn door open? To make it easier
>> on those who can not remember their root password? Having to find out
>> how to overcome that small bar will not hurt them but teach them a
>> lesson.
>
> Having to type a password with a misconfigured keyboard is a pain. Really.

Yes, that is surely a reasons to put away with all passwords because
they are all hard to type with a misconfigured keyboard.
I don't understand that it is not regarded as a contradiction to
recommend setting a root password at installation and at the same time
leaving the door wide open by default for reasons of convenience.

--
wobo