[Mageia-dev] Xfce 4.10 released

Jani Välimaa jani.valimaa at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 12:27:43 CEST 2012

On 29.04.2012 12:55, zezinho wrote:
> Em 29-04-2012 09:43, Jani Välimaa escreveu:
>> I know it's not the right time for this, but I'm wondering if we could
>> push new Xfce 4.10 also to updates for upcoming mga2?
>
> Only when backports media is available : there is no reason to change
> our policy for updates.

We don't need to change our policy, only turn a blind eye to it. And as
we don't have backport repos yet and haven't seen any progress making
them available, updates are the only choice. Also, it was done for KDE
update in mga1. So, why not for another DE?

Currently we have a mixture of unstable (4.10 pre) and stable (4.8) Xfce
pkgs in our repos. IMHO it would be good to have stable versions
available to provide as good user experience for Xfce users as possible.
I've heard that some users switched to another distro because our Xfce
is outdated in mga1. I don't want to see this happening again.

P.S. I'm fine to push new Xfce to backports, but we really need to do
something to make backports available after mga2 release.