[Mageia-dev] Xfce 4.10 released

You-Cheng Hsieh yochenhsieh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 04:02:27 CEST 2012

2012/4/29 Jani Välimaa <jani.valimaa at gmail.com>:
> On 29.04.2012 14:28, You-Cheng Hsieh wrote:
>> 2012/4/29 Jani Välimaa <jani.valimaa at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Currently we have a mixture of unstable (4.10 pre) and stable (4.8) Xfce
>>> pkgs in our repos. IMHO it would be good to have stable versions
>>> available to provide as good user experience for Xfce users as possible.
>>> I've heard that some users switched to another distro because our Xfce
>>> is outdated in mga1. I don't want to see this happening again.
>>>
>> Are xfce 4.9.x considered as development/testing/unstable releases?
>> If so, I think pushing the stable 4.10 release into mageia2 still fits
>> our policy.
>
> Yes, 4.9.x ones are development releases.

We should provide stable versions as much as possible. I would
recommend if you could ask a push for the 4.10 packages to mageia2.
Mix development and stable packages in official release seems
rather... "uncompleted".

However, if development/unstable packages are provided in official
release, I think it should be OK to provide stable versions as
updates. <-- Please correct me if I'm wrong about this part.