[Mageia-dev] Mageia 2 in VirtualBox fails to upgrade to Mageia Cauldron due to /usr move

Nicolas Lécureuil nicolas.lecureuil at free.fr
Wed Aug 1 00:09:39 CEST 2012

Le mardi 31 juillet 2012 20:46:11 Shlomi Fish a écrit :
> Hi John,
>
> On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 14:42:03 -0300
>
> John Balcaen <mikala at mageia.org> wrote:
> > 2012/7/31 Shlomi Fish <shlomif at shlomifish.org>:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I am including here a log of the IRC conversation I had with some people
> > > on
> > > upgrading my x86-64 VBox virtual machine from Mageia 2 to Mageia Linux
> > > Cauldron. I could not get an adequate answer regarding it from anyone
> > > there and hope someone can help me here (I've waited long enough).
> > >
> > > For the record, I'm trying to restore my backups into the VM to a
> > > working
> >
> > > state, and ran into a problem, see:
> > [...]
> > Did you install rpm/urpmi from updates/testing before ?
> > If no you'll have (as i did) have to manually install first rpm &
> > dependencies directly via rpm due to the filesystem require [1] ,
>
> Where can I find a script that will do that for me? Is there one?

I had this pb today when migrating one of my desktop machines from mageia 2 to
cauldron. I installed manually rpm from testing ( ftp://distrib-
coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/Mageia/distrib/2/i586/media/core/updates_testing/
) and after all did well as wanted.

so

1 install rpm from testing,
2- test  urpmi --auto-update ( should be fine ).