[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release task-obsolete-3-21.mga3

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 15:33:49 CEST 2012

Le 01/08/2012 15:19, Olivier Blin a écrit :
> Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Morevoer, it's quite ridiculous to focus on removing obsoleted package
>> from end users machines, without first cleaning our own
>> infrastructure: db5.2 is still present in the subversion repository,
>> for instance...
>
> IIRC, the obsoleted package are supposed to be removed on upload by youri.
They are only removed from the master package tree (task 2 in my list).

What was originally supposed to be a side-effect of adding an obsoletes
tag to a package (if foo is supposed to replace bar on end users
machines, there is no reason to let bar exist on the mirror, and this
will save an rm -f command to some sysadmin) is now largely perceived as
the dedicated way to manage mirror content (in order to remove bar from
mirrors, we have to obsoletes it somewhere). Which is a dangereous
practice, as illustrated this morning.

--
BOFH excuse #391:

We already sent around a notice about that.