[Mageia-dev] OK to update libffi?

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 5 21:41:41 CEST 2012

John Balcaen <mikala at ...> writes:
> 2012/8/5 David Walser <luigiwalser at ...>:
> > It has a new upstream version 3.0.11 available.  It builds fine here.
> >
> > The major number changes from 5 to 6 in this version, which is why I am
asking if it is OK to update this package.
> did you try it before ? (i mean at least rebuild major packages based on it? )

No, but predicting what will build in Cauldron is a crapshoot at best anyway.

I don't know exactly what this package does or even what most of the packages
that require it are.  I just know that it's installed on my system and I don't
want unmaintained stuff bitrotting away on my system, hence the interest.

Hopefully someone with some insight can say yay or nay.