[Mageia-dev] Task-obsolete and non-sense obsoletes

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Tue Aug 7 13:31:13 CEST 2012

Hi,

Many people already complain about it, but for me task-obsolete must
die.

First I just remove but urpmi claim it must come back on my system...
probably because it claim to replace lib64db5.2, even maybe still need
it.

Secondly it contains non-sense dependencies:
Obsoletes: lib64db5.2 < 5.2.42-3

Any lib64db5.2 over this version will by definition obsoletes any
packages having same name.
So this mean anyone can keep the lib64db5.2 as soon the release tag
is increased or someone push into mga 2 / update any libdb higher
than 5.2.42 (5.2.43 for example).

Moreover, any package lacking of requirements during an upgrade is
removed by urpmi.

I no-one complain, I'll do a major cleanup (eg removing everything at
least everything starting by lib) in package this week

But I am still in favor to remove it. In past, package we didn't want to
support anymore was just removed from mirrors, and this was enough to
show their status.

Regards.

--

Olivier Thauvin