[Mageia-dev] Desktop monitor powering down

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Wed Aug 8 12:28:19 CEST 2012

On 08/07/2012 09:40 PM, David Walser wrote:
> It's not a matter of doing xset +dpms, it's generally enabled by
> default. It's a matter of how it's configured. It has three numbers
> for different levels of powerdown, usually you'll see three numbers in
> the GUI configurators too. So "xset dpms 0 0 0" would have fixed your
> problem too. So the question is what is setting your settings to
> something crazy and why. I usually set mine to xset dpms 0 0 1200
> which turns the monitor off after 20 minutes of inactivity.
This is a fresh install about a week old.  After install, I have some
scripts that re-install all packages that had been installed on the last
system and do some configuration.  But I don't touch xset, and in fact I
didn't know anything about dpms until Col posted and I looked it up.

So, I guess that whatever enables it by default is the first place to
look for the 30-second problem.  After that, it would have to have been
in a package install script.