[Mageia-dev] Issue with latest Evolution (evolution-3.5.5-1.mga3)

Robert Fox rfox at foxconsult.com
Wed Aug 8 15:18:43 CEST 2012

Lately, Evolution as been acting a bit odd - I have always had it set up
under Mail Preferences -> HTML Messages -> Loading Images -> set to
"Never Load Images from the Internet"

When I want to load the messages, I just click "Ctrl-i" and it would
normally load the images.

Now, if I click on "Ctrl-i" - a task starts below which states "Saving
user interface" - but evolution stops responding - and when I click on
something else further tasks start but hang - and I have to use "killev"
to kill Evolution.

Strangely, after killev, this is still running:

rfox      3947  0.0  0.1 594848  8488 ?        SLl  11:36
0:00 /usr/lib64/evolution-source-registry

So I can force this to happen if I try and load images on an HTML mail

Anybody have the same issue?

Cheers,
R.Fox