[Mageia-dev] madwifi-source package ?

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 12:54:09 CEST 2012

We have a madwifi-source package, which seems to be used as a build
dependency only from wpa_supplicant package. Mandriva used to also have
a madwifi package which wasn't imported.

Given than madwifi support currently prevent wpa_supplication 1.0 to
build (conflicting types declaration for ‘u_int64_t'), and than we seems
to be perfectly happy without madwifi driver package in the
distribution, is it reasonable to consider than:
- we no longer need the 'madwifi-source' package ?
- madwifi support in wpa_supplication isn't needed anymore ?

--
BOFH excuse #392:

It's union rules. There's nothing we can do about it. Sorry.