[Mageia-dev] strange urpmi --auto-update with glibc

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Mon Aug 13 17:06:47 CEST 2012

* Philippe Reynes (tremyfr at yahoo.fr) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've found that I have three glibc installed on my box.
>
> [trem at localhost ~]$ rpm -q glibc
> glibc-2.14.1-8.mga2
> glibc-2.16-7.mga3
> glibc-2.16-8.mga3

Indeed:

[root at apus bug-glibc]# rpm -q glibc
glibc-2.14.1-8.mga2
glibc-2.16-5.mga3
glibc-2.16-8.mga3

I wonder if it's not systemd fault:

- systemd is installed and the line is added to /etc/pam.d/system-auth
  (sshd is not restarted)
- later I urpmi --auto-update, a new glibc is installed and at end of
  install sshd get restarted - this included my session - rpm is killed
  too.

But also the good question is why sshd is restarted when the glibc get
updated. This is no real reason and this can cause issue if locale need
an update too.

Regards.

--

Olivier Thauvin