[Mageia-dev] strange urpmi --auto-update with glibc

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Tue Aug 14 10:06:18 CEST 2012

* Olav Vitters (olav at vitters.nl) wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 05:06:47PM +0200, Olivier Thauvin wrote:
> > But also the good question is why sshd is restarted when the glibc get
> > updated. This is no real reason and this can cause issue if locale need
> > an update too.
>
> Make sure UsePAM is set in sshd_config.
>
> IIRC during glibc upgrades the services are either restarted or
> reloaded. Without UsePAM, systemd will kill your existing session.

Either a change in Pam configuration or in sshd_config will need a
restart, but for both of this it is too late as systemd is already
in place and so any restart will kill all session.

And the behavior I explained happend to me on a computer already having
UsePam in sshd_config (to use ldap).

Sshd has no reload facility, only a restart.

I still think no RPM should trigger a restart on a not directly releated
service, especially the glibc because any issue with this package can
break your system (inlike the kernel there is no backup for the libc).

Regards.

--

Olivier Thauvin
CNRS  -  LATMOS