[Mageia-dev] UsrMove failure

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Aug 14 13:39:34 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Johnny A. Solbu at 14/08/12 10:50 did gyre and gimble:
> On Tuesday 14 August 2012 10:54, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> 5. reboot with kernel command line params and convert the fs
>
> Once I figured out the use of e2fsck, it boots, but it does Not convert the filesystem. If it doesit is invisible to me.
> All the usual root folders (bin, sbin, lib, lib64 etc) are still there. No new symlinks of any kind. Nothing.

OK then some questions:
 1. Did you definitely regenerate the initrd and include the convertfs
module?
 2. Did you definitely add the correct kernel command line options to
mount / rw and trigger conversion process?

If both the above are true, then, as per the instructions, try passing
rd.break=pre-pivot to the command line and remove the "splash" option.

When booting. You will be dropped to a debug shell *before* conversion.
Just type "exit" and it should do the conversion and dump you to another
shell.

If things are failing you should see that there and it should roll back.

A typical problem would be mounting /usr readonly if it's on a separate
partition but the instructions are clear on that one too.

Hope this helps.