[Mageia-dev] UsrMove failure

Charles A Edwards CAE at eslrahc.com
Tue Aug 14 14:47:12 CEST 2012

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 13:13:43 +0100
Johnny A. Solbu wrote:

> To be more specific: I got the two debug shells, and no conversion
> was done, not that I could see anyway. I pressed CTRL+D on teh first
> shell, and some 4-6 lines of messages apeared, and in less that half
> a second i got the next prompt. upon exiting that, it booted normaly.
>
> All 4 folders which should be converted to symlinks (if I understand
> correctly) are still there. No symlinks.

This sounds like what was happening to me when I did the conversion.

Are you booting with lilo or grub?

I was using lilo and you Have to execute 'lilo/lilo -v' after you
have created the new initrd for it to be mapped/used correctly.

    Charles

--
Whistler's Law:
	You never know who is right, but you always know who is in