[Mageia-dev] UsrMove failure

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Aug 14 19:30:17 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Johnny A. Solbu at 14/08/12 17:28 did gyre and gimble:
> On Tuesday 14 August 2012 18:20, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> What is in your initrd regarding termcap stuff?
>>
>> lsinitrd | grep -E "bash|termcap"
>
> lsinitrd | grep -E "bash|termcap"
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root       786328 Aug 14 15:06 bin/bash

OK, so the basic problem is that for whatever reason, when dracut
created the initrd, it was unable to find all the deps (i.e. libs) for
the bash binary.

This is IMO a regression in latest dracut. I'll dig into why it's doing
it but I suspect strongly it's related to a "lazy" depsolving mode, that
doesn't work well in this case for some reason.

Now that I know what's wrong you can probably generate a valid initrd
simply by doing:

 mv /usr/lib/dracut/dracut-install /usr/lib/dracut/dracut-install.x

Before generating the initrd and then moving it back when done. Verify
with lsinitrd as before.

However, if you can wait, I'll try and suss out the problem and issue an
updated dracut package.

Cheers