[Mageia-dev] Having problem with the monitor

Kira elegant.pegasus at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 11:44:28 CEST 2012

After some update( I don't do regular reboot after update, so I can't

trace which one triggers this), I got my Dell screen constantly fall into

powersave mode directly. I had tried with windows, which got no problem at
all.

The reason may lies in the driver? For now, if I use the ati driver,

the I can boot into the system, but after some time, the screen would
directly

goes into powersave mode. If I use the fglrx driver, it's even worse: I
can't

even boot into KDM.

The system is still functional, because I can still ssh into it. Any
additional

message needed? This is driving me crazy.