[Mageia-dev] Having problem with the monitor

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Thu Aug 16 12:21:47 CEST 2012

Kira a écrit :
> 在 Wed, 15 Aug 2012 20:19:31 +0800, Kira <elegant.pegasus at gmail.com>寫道:
>> Already Tried. It tells me DPMS is off, but then the screen goes off
>>
>> by itself. I had tried with different plug(DVI & D-Sub), but same
>> problem.
> Anyone think of other possibility? This is really disturbing....

I use gnome (thus gdm), and dpms is off on my system as well. and I have
a similar problem from time to time (almost every day).
I found a workaround by chance : if I click the mouse several times when
this happens, then the screen turns on after a few seconds, and
everything is still running.  Otherwise I have to reboot to get my
display back.
I also use the ati driver and not fglrx, and leave my system on most of
the time.
So maybe try this workaround ?

--
André