[Mageia-dev] updating torque?

EatDirt dirteat at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 18:14:24 CEST 2012

Hi,
torque package is not maintained by anyone. The version we have on
mageia is 2.5.3 which is *very* old. Torque comes in various branches,
the version 2 is now at 2.5.12 wheras the last version is 4.1.0

The spec file is an old monster from mandriva that would need cleaning.
Some scripts have been extracted from the very old source files, and
then edited by hand, moved to SOURCES/ and are still in use to overwrite
the new ones coming with the new version. If by chance this is still
working, it won't at some point :)

I am actually using torque at work (but from centos...), so I can give
it a try; unless someone has a peculiar interest in doing it instead.

My plan is:

1) Upgrade 2.5.3 -> 2.5.12 + drop old scripts + clean specfile

2) Import torque 4.1.0 and create torque2 branch

3) Eventually drop torque2 branch at some point

Please let me know if you disagree or have any comments! Any suggestions
welcome.

Cheers,
Chris.