[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release perl-Module-Format-0.0.4-4.mga3

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 11:11:21 CEST 2012

Le 24/08/2012 11:06, Thierry Vignaud a écrit :

>>> What? I don't understand. Do you mean that the Perl programs should have
>>> "#!/usr/bin/perl" as their sha-bang? (Which will require either
>>> postprocessing them or tweaking their installer.)
>>
>> Yes, packaged perl programs should use an unversionned shebang, which is the
>> case for the large majority of them.
>
> We could clean that in spec-helper.
> Along "#!/bin/env perl|python|tcl" => "#!/usr/bin/perl" too.

Yes, it seems a marvelous idea to automatically convert python and tcl
scripts to use perl interpreter instead, it will make our base
installation footprint lower :)

More seriously, we can do it easily for perl and tcl, but with much
caution for python, as we have two different major versions available at
once in the distribution.

--
BOFH excuse #367:

Webmasters kidnapped by evil cult.