[Mageia-dev] ocsinventory & php-gd

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Sun Aug 26 17:41:49 CEST 2012

On Sunday, August 26, 2012 03:52:24 AM Bersuit Vera wrote:
> Hi all.
> In my  ocsinventory.spec file:
>
> Requires php-gd
>
> ocsinventory builds successfully
> When I install the package with urpmi:
>
> [root at cualdron64 noarch]# urpmi ocsinventory-*
> Para satisfacer la dependencia «php-gd», se necesita uno de los paquetes
> siguientes:
>  1- php-gd-5.3.15-1.mga2.x86_64: GD extension module for PHP (para
> instalar) 2- php-gd-bundled-5.3.15-1.mga2.x86_64: GD extension module for
> PHP (para instalar)
> ¿Qué elige? (1-2)
>
> What is the difference between php-gd and php-gd-bundled?
> Why urpmi does not choose the first?
>
> Sorry, i'm novice packager :-)
>
> Best regards
>

> Bersuit.
This is the normal behavior. The it requires one of them.

Maybe we should start discussing why do we still provide php-gd-bundled?
What does it provide other packages dont?
If we want to have them all-in-one should we make a meta package intsead?
I think, we just imported it from Mandriva.

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler