[Mageia-dev] Fresh mga2 install - NO screen !

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Wed Aug 29 23:31:50 CEST 2012

I have installed mga2 on a system which is replacing an old system, and as soon as I boot after selecting Mageia on the GRUB menu (which is default), the screen goes black and it doesn't work ever untill I reboot. I have blacklisted the nouveau module and ran dracut again to generate a new image.
It now goes black at aout the time where it is starting X, and again the screen is blank untill I get back to the "BIOS startup screen".

The card is a GeForce 6800 GTO.
I am Not using any proprieraty drivers, nor have I enabled tainted or non-free repos. I have simply done a standard boot.iso network install and rebooted.

Any idea on how to proceed?

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324