[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release telepathy-kde-common-internals-0.5.0-1.mga3

John Balcaen mikala at mageia.org
Fri Aug 31 11:38:41 CEST 2012

2012/8/30 neoclust <buildsystem-daemon at mageia.org>:
> Name        : telepathy-kde-common-internals  Relocations: (not relocatable)
[...]
> mikala <mikala> 0.5.0-1.mga3:
> + Revision: 285939
> - use conflicts instead of obsoletes to allow update
[...]
Hello thierry (& others :p ),
Do you have any ideas why i'm forced to used a conflicts to ensure
upgrade of packages here ?
Some files where added in %{name} package but since thoses files are
noarch i moved them in a noarch package.
However from my local test it seems that a noarch package can't
obsolete an arch package
aka if i'm adding in the %{name}-core an obsoletes: %{name} < 0.5.0,
urpmi will prevent the upgrade due to files conflicts between
%{name}-0.4.0 & %{name}-core-0.5.0

Regards,

--
Balcaen John