[Mageia-dev] NOTE: dont upgrade / submit ppl to the bs/mirrors...

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Sun Dec 2 18:41:04 CET 2012

David Walser skrev 2.12.2012 19:30:
> Thomas Backlund wrote:
>> Thomas Backlund skrev 1.12.2012 18:09:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> as shown with the recent pcre case, we need to be more verbose on
>>> the -dev ml about packages that are WIP and/or known to break bs...
>>>
>>> I'm in the process of updating ppl from 0.11.2 to 1.0
>>> (and cloog-ppl to whatever matching version is)
>>>
>>> Now, if this package hits the buildsystem & mirrors before it's
>>> properly tested it _will_ break atleast gcc, so all builds will
>>> come to a full stop in cauldron.
>>>
>>> So whatever you do... _dont_ touch theese packages until I have
>>> tested and submitted them.
>>

>> You can forget about this update ...
>>
>> I forgot to check what gcc actually supports :/
>
> Thanks for looking into this.
>
>> gcc-4.7 requires ppl-0.11 branch and cloog-ppl-0.15 branch
>
> Are you sure about cloog-ppl?  Current mdv/ROSA has cloog-ppl 0.16.1 with gcc 4.7.3-development.  Actually ROSA 2012 LTS has gcc 4.6.1 with
> cloog-ppl 0.16.1.

I guess they package CLooG 0.16 as cloog-ppl.

But I dont think I want to switch to that as it's still considered
being in testing stage...

 From GCC-4.7 prerequisites.html:

CLooG-PPL version 0.15 or CLooG 0.16:
Necessary to build GCC with the Graphite loop optimizations. There
are two versions available. CLooG-PPL 0.15 as well as CLooG 0.16.
The  former is the default right now. It can be downloaded from
ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/ as cloog-ppl-0.15.tar.gz.

CLooG 0.16 support is still in testing stage, but will be the
default in future GCC releases. It is also available at
ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/ as cloog-0.16.1.tar.gz.

--
Thomas