[Mageia-dev] Mageia 1 EOL.

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Mon Dec 3 08:20:33 CET 2012

On Sat, Dec 01, 2012 at 09:36:36PM -0500, David wrote in
<k9eerj$lco$1 at ger.gmane.org>:
>As the person who does a lot of the packaging for security updates, I am
>willing to continue the work I do on it, especially since I haven't
>had time yet to move my and my family's workstations to Mageia 2, and
>probably won't until late December, but I don't have a way to
>distribute any new packages.  The build system has closed for Mageia 1.
>SVN should still be open, so I suppose I could check things in there
>and anyone interested could build from it locally?  I don't want to host
>my own repository somewhere.

If there is user demand for it, and packagers willing to provide security
updates for a few more months, I'm willing to host the packages built. All
with the understanding that:

1) I don't have the time or the skills to set up a full flexed build
system;
2) All packages are made available "as is" and may break the users system,
destroy their homework, offend mothers in law, or kick their pets;
3) No promises on availability other than on a best effort base.

Lemme know should there be interested takers :)

Remmy