[Mageia-dev] Will the 'official' Mageia-3 installer have a 'GRUB Legacy' option?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 3 10:51:52 CET 2012

2012/12/3 Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch at gmail.com>:
> Le 02/12/2012 13:13, Maurice Batey a écrit :
>>
>> Those are just some of the reasons why I would like to avoid - or postpone
>> -
>> conversion to GRUB2, the need for which I still fail to comprehend.
>
> Why do you care about installer support, for stuff already installed ?

I do not understand the whole discussion about Grub. If you have a
Grub2 installed by another distribution it is easy to install a second
distro (Mageia 3) which also uses Grub2. If you have another
distribution installed with grub-legacy it is easy to install a second
distro which uses grub2 (use chainloader in your existing
grub-legacy).

For me it is totally regardless which grub will be used for Mageia3.

--
wobo