[Mageia-dev] Will the 'official' Mageia-3 installer have a 'GRUB Legacy' option?

Maurice Batey maurice at bcs.org.uk
Mon Dec 3 22:33:20 CET 2012

On Mon, 03 Dec 2012 19:40:35 +0100, Guillaume Rousse wrote:

> As long as it is in the distribution, why do you need the installer to
> support it, as long as you can reconfigure it thereafter ?

  If you are meaning that Mageia-3 will contain the capability of using
GRUB-Legacy but will install GRUB2, and a user may then choose to make a
post-install change to GRUB-Legacy, then I could live with that.

But I do feel that when a distro is making such a profound change (e.g. to
change to GRUB2) then at first it should offer that progression as an install
option, and install the 'Legacy' version as default.

--
/\/\aurice