[Mageia-dev] Will the 'official' Mageia-3 installer have a 'GRUB Legacy' option?

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Tue Dec 4 02:36:00 CET 2012

Op maandag 3 december 2012 21:35:52 schreef Maurice Batey:
> On Mon, 03 Dec 2012 20:25:53 +0100, AL13N wrote:
> > grub-legacy hasn't been supported for years,
>
>   I don't understand what you are saying.
>
> Perhaps it's a terminology thing.
>
> I'm using "GRUB-Legacy" to mean "The version of GRUB we are using in
> pre-GRUB2 Distro's".

back in mdv times, i once had a grub issue, and asked for help in the grub
channel, they were pretty mad at me for using 0.9x(ie: grub1) and not 1.x
versions  (ie: grub2). and they were pretty clear to me that grub1 was not
supported for a while now but distributions were still doing grub1, etc...

if you ask me, it's their own fault for making the transition so bad, due to
changing all these things... but, i guess if upgrades are handled nicely (even
if they still keep grub-legacy) and new installs use grub2, then i have no
issue with it.

otoh, atm we can choose between grub-text, grub-graphic, and lilo, so i guess
making it grub2-graphic and grub2-text extra doesn't seem that big of a deal
to me...

in any case, people who feel strongly about this, can help out with this, i'm
sure...