[Mageia-dev] Clanlib2 and SSE2 on i586

Jose Jorge lists.jjorge at free.fr
Tue Dec 4 19:00:17 CET 2012

Le 04/12/2012 13:21, Pascal Terjan a écrit :
> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM, AL13N<alien at rmail.be>  wrote:
>>> The code should really be complied but only enabled at runtime if it's
>>> available. PulseAudio does this. It's more of a pain to code for but
>>> does make like easier for distributions.
>>>
>>> But yeah, short term fix, nuke the test, and as a meme says, keep calm
>>> and carry on.

It is not only a test, it is a crash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2#CPUs_supporting_SSE2

> The test is that it refuses to run if the lib is not using sse2 while
> it could (slowly).
>
> The clanSWRender lib needs to be fixed to have sse2 support on sse2
> system and not on non sse2 systems so that we can enable it but that's
> something unrelated to dropping this test.

No, the clanSWRender has only a SSE2 implementation because no one wants
to write a SW render which is too slow.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-games/2012/03/msg00076.html

I wonder if we could enable for now SSE2, till upstream/somebody has a
better fix : for now, all SSE2 cpus crash. Enabling SSE2 it will only
crash on non-SSE2 cpus (older than 10 years)